Global Scientist Interdisciplinary Forum·2019
January 4-6, 2019
Shenzhen, P. R. China
The Global Scientist Forum at Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) is an important conference for talent recruitment. It aims to provide a platform for academic exchanges among young scholars at home and abroad, to promote interdisciplinary and academic innovation, and discuss the approach for the construction of world-class universities and disciplines. Through the recruitment of world-class talents, we plan to build SUSTech into a high-level research university with unique characteristics in the world.
Qualifications for Applicants
(a) Under age of 40 （born after 1 January 1979）;
(b) Doctoral degree obtained from internationally renowned universities and institutes; or Ph.D. degrees from Chinese universities with more than 3 years of working abroad, with achievements in related fields or good potential for further development; scholars with academic influence in the related field. Scholars from all areas are welcome.
Registration Date: January 4, 2019（Friday）
Date of the Forum: January 5-6, 2019
Please submit your CV to institutional mailbox of SUSTech Department of Mechanics and Aerospace Engineering (firstname.lastname@example.org), entitled “SUSTech Global Scientist Forum Application-Department of Mechanics and Aerospace Engineering” for evaluation. The application will close on December 15, 2018. Successful applicants will receive the invitation before December 20, 2018.
Travel and Accommodation
(a) Free accommodation and lodging will be provided;
(b) Travels: All invited participants need to purchase their own tickets (economy class). We will provide travel reimbursement for the actual cost of tickets between 12/20/2018-01/20/2019 (maximum CNY 12,000 per person).
Ms Jinwei Yang Tel: +86-75588018171, Email: email@example.com
Contacts of departments are listed in the end.
Salary and Benefits
I. Income and Benefits
1. Globally competitive (including US & HK) salary;
2. Apartment inside campus (depending on remaining apartment quantity) or housing allowance of leasing outside;
3. Social Insurance：Retirement insurance, medical insurance, unemployment insurance, industrial injury insurance, maternity insurance and housing accumulation funds. Special health insurance negotiable.
4. A total of CNY 2.75 million living subsidies, including:
(1) National living subsidies CNY 500,000;
(2) Guangdong Provision living subsidies CNY 250,000;
(3) Shenzhen living subsides of CNY 2 million (“Shenzhen peacock talent plan B”).
II. Lab space no less than 150 square meters.
III. A total of approximate CNY 12 million research fund, including:
1. National research fund CNY 1-3 million;
2. Guangdong Provision start-up fund CNY 250,000;
3. Shenzhen living start-up fund of CNY 3-5 million (“Shenzhen peacock talent plan B”);
4. Nanshan District start-up fund of CNY 200,000;
5. SUSTech start-up fund of CNY 3 million.
6. Special requirements negotiable.
IV. Living supports
1. Registered permanent residence service of scholar’s family (spouse and children) for Chinese;
2. Resident visa service of scholar’s family (spouse and children) for foreigners;
3. Children’s education in SUSTech affiliated preschool, primary school and middle school;
4. Spouse’s employment service.
V. National, province and Shenzhen talent programs application service. Special requirements negotiable.
Founded in December 2015, the Department of Mechanics and Aerospace Engineering (MAE) is one of departments in the College of Engineering. It aims to establish a world-leading department in mechanics and aerospace engineering, covering various research areas such as fluid mechanics, aerodynamics, thermodynamics, aeroacoustics, mechanics, combustion, material, and system control. The Department will learn from the best practice of peer departments over the world in order to develop into an international research institution that attends to the national strategic needs in mechanics and aerospace, cultivates outstanding innovative talents, and conducts frontier fundamental research and applied research with social impact.
The goal of the Department is to become a top-tier international leader through introducing an innovative education system which emphasizes IUR (Industry-University-Research) in close association with the Chinese aerospace industry. The specific objectives are: 1) to nurture innovative talents (learning); 2) to research and develop key technologies (research); and 3) to provide technical services (production) for the national aerospace industry.
The MAE Department has attracted a team of high-caliber experts worldwide with diversified background in both academia and industry. So far, the department has 20 faculty members, including two Academicians of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, one Academician of the Chinese Academy of Engineering, one Fellow with dual-fellowship in Royal Society' of Canada and Canadian Academy of Engineering. All faculty members have extensive experience of studying and working overseas. The MAE Department started to enroll undergraduate and postgraduate students in fall 2016, and has 55 postgraduates (Master and PhD) at present. The Department has bachelor' s degree programs in Theoretical and Applied Mechanics and Aerospace Engineering.